Graffiti In The Dark Age of Gentrification
"--the most fun anyone has ever had"
The world is a gentrified wasteland and only a ragtag-team of contemporary hero-figures can save us.
Against a backdrop of art-fairs and Wynwood's commercial wasteland of eye candy and high-rent,
Kavachnina Contemporary proudly invites artists to submit works of graffiti and street-art for consideration in the upcoming "ROBWYN-HOOD" exhibition this December. Works must bring an intellectual curiosity to the evolving mythos of graffiti and the art of subversion by using the most daring and amusing methods conceivable. Push the envelope, rob a bank, paint a pretty picture, change your name--Become the legend you were born to be.
Submit existing works and proposals to email@example.com including the following information:
- Email subject set to: Firstname_Lastname_ROBWYN-HOOD
- Artist's name and/or make-believe-street-art name
- Title and detailed description of the work/proposal
- Date, Dimensions, medium
- images (no larger than 2 mb, please)
- Asking Price (if applicable)
- Signed and dated copy of the gallery-artist contract
- Artist statement. Participants have the option of submitting a poem instead or in addition to a statement.
- Application Fee: $30
- Submission deadline: November 20th.
- Applicants will receive a letter of confirmation between 24 to 48 hours after the deadline.
- Physical works must arrive no later than November 27th unless otherwise agreed upon
- The exhibition will run from the following dates: December 1st - January 31st
- After the exhibition's completion, Kavachnina Contemporary will not be responsible for the storage or return of any work. Artists must make their own arrangements.